Monday, April 26, 2010

Under the Sea

Or the river or the lake, or along side the river or sea. That's the challenge this week at Cardmaker-to use a sea, river or lake animal or a seascape image. Pretty flexible really. I used this cute image from StretchNBubbles. Ever since I watched an Animal Planet show about how deadly hippos are (who knew?) I've been VERY afraid of them. Luckily this hippo is super cute so I'm not scared of him.
I tried a couple of new things on this card. First, I used VersaMark watermark ink. I've never done that before and I really like the effect! I'm definitely going to use it more often. I also made my own flowers. I used the smallest die cut of my Blossom Nestabilities. I cut out three white and three peach, punched a hole through the middle and fastened it with a brad. Then I crinkled up all the layers and dabbed some distress ink around the edges.
Photobucket
Here's a closeup/side shot of the flowers:
Photobucket
Challenges:
All Sorts: Inspiration challenge (I used some of the colors)
Pollycraft: Make your own flowers
CPS Cardsketches: Sketch
Cardmaker: Under the sea

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet card! Your flowers are beautiful!
    Thanks for joining in the Pollycraft Challenge this week.
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete