Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thinking of You

I was in the middle of making this card when I read some sad news from one of my online friends so I decided to turn it into a "thinking of you" card. I popped it in the mail to her this morning. She's going through a tough time right now and I hope this card makes her smile.
Photobucket
This image is from Di's Digi Downloads. Are you going to make me say it again? Okay..if you haven't been to Di's, you're TOTALLY missing out on some of the cutest images you could ever want.
By the way, the patterned paper is from Basic Grey. The Lemonade collection. HOW AWESOME IS THIS LINE? Oh my gosh, I love it.
Challenges:
Paper Play Challenges: something old
Shirley's 2 Girls: something old
Sketch Saturday: sketch
Are you wondering what my "something old" is? Obviously it's not the paper since I just discovered that last weekend. It's that crocheted flower. Isn't it awesome? It's from my friend Tracy. I've been hoarding it for over a year! It pains me to actually use it up, but, in the interest of cheering up a friend, I'm willing to sacrifice. :)

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lori, the image is adorable & beautifully coloured.
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Love the image! Thanks for playing at S2G TT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This should do the trick-nothing like a card made with love, a great image and beautiful papers to cheer one up! Thank you for joining us for Twisted Thursday at Shirleys2Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so sweet! Thanks so much for joining us for Twisted Thursday at Shirley's 2 Girls!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a PRETTY card! Thanks for joining us at S2G this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable sweet card Lori.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Georgeous card with a cute image, and lovely colours!
    Thanks for playing along at SS this week - good luck!
    Hugs, Lena

    ReplyDelete