Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wednesday Tutorial Day!

Hey, did you know that every Wednesday one of the Bugaboo DT members prepares a tutorial? Yep, it's true. Today is my turn and I decided to show you how I color jeans/denim with Copic markers.
I'm going to start by showing you how to do it with my "standby" colors. I ALWAYS use these colors to color denim but in the process of preparing this tutorial, I decided to try some other color combos which I'll show you later.
We're going to color the always adorable Sean:
Photobucket
You'll need these marker colors: BG75, BG72 and BG10.
Starting with the darkest color, BG 75, color along the edges and where the creases/wrinkles are in the clothing:
Photobucket
Now, using BG 72, color over the areas you already colored and color further into the image. Be sure to leave some white space for the lighter color and blending:
Photobucket
Now take the BG10, the lightest color, and color over the white space and blend around into the already colored areas till you get the look that you want:
Photobucket
That's it! Now, I put together some other color combos, in case you don't have those particular BG colors:
Photobucket
Photobucket
And the original color combo:
Photobucket
You can experiment with other color combos too, as long as you have a dark color and a slightly lighter color combined with a much lighter color for the blending.
I hope you liked this tutorial and it inspires you to try this technique. If you have your own favorite color combo for jeans/denim I'd love to hear it.
Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Always looking for different ways to color and choosing combinations. Thank you for some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE this tutorial Lori - I'm always amazed at how awesome your denim coloring looks. How excited am I that I can now COPY your fabulous denim coloring!! =)
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min

    ReplyDelete