Wednesday, July 6, 2011

For Kyle

My son turned 17 last week and received several cards and gifts in the mail from various family members. Since he needed to write several thank you cards, I brought up my big box of thank yous to let him choose the cards he wanted to use. I'm guessing there are 40-50 cards in that box and can you guess how many he found "guyish" enough for him to use? Three. So he actually asked me to make some thank you cards that didn't have bears, balloons or other "little kid" things on them. So, here you go Kyle:
Photobucket
I used the Bugaboo image "Deacon Bugs" which you can find HERE.
Challenges:
Lexi's Creations-bugs life
Lolipop Crafts-anything goes
PPC-soft suede, orange, burgundy and blue
Eat Sleep Stamp-sketch

8 comments:

  1. I love that image and you did it very manly...haha My youngest son turned 17 in March and came to me with the same issue. LOL Your son made a great choice in your box. I may have to scraplift a little if you don't mind? PS Buy a cutter, MTC or SCAL and you won't have to learn...I'll do them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori! Very cute! Deacon is a perfect image to use.. I will have to keep that in mind, my youngest will be 17 on the 23rd so I am sure I will need to do a few thank you's (& probably a happy bday card as well lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super!! Love how you coloured that wonderful image and your design/layout is perfect for a male:) Thanks for joining the challenge at Lexi's Creations this week, do come again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTABULOUS!!! It's not a word... but that is what popped into my head when I saw your card. :-) Super cute! Great use of the colors and I bet your son was most appreciative. Thanks for playing at PPC this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I'm not the only one that has that problem (lack of masculine cards!) I find them to be very challenging. ;-) This card couldn't be more perfect for the task he gave you. Love this!!! If a guy card could be considered cute, this is it. Shhhh! Don't tell your son I said that. Really like the colors and how you placed the button. Thanks for playing this week!
    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute story about you son!! Your card is...oops, I almost said adorable, better not since it's a "guy" card!!! LOL!! Your card is wonderful, perfectly masculine!!!!! Thanks for joining us at PPC.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love how you used the colors this week. Like Linda I love your story about your son. The image is just too cute. thank you so much for sharing it with us at PPC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card!!! Great use of our colors this week :) Thanks for joining us at PPC this week!

    Lori - PPC DT

    ReplyDelete