Thursday, June 18, 2009

ANNIVERSARY CARD-TAKE 2

Okay, I've decided I don't like my Anniversary card. It's just not knocking my socks off so I've redone it.
This "stair step card" was inspired by this card from Lynn in St. Louis over at SCS. For directions on how to fold this card, click here.
Photobucket

I think this one is a lot more fun than my original one. I know it looks really busy in the picture because when you set it down to take the picture, the accordion stretches out and makes it look like the card is exploding out all over! But when you see it in person, it's not quite as crazy looking. I hope my husband likes it.
The base is textured black cardstock, folded like an accordion. On the front fold is a heart sticker and the stamp "I Love You". On the second fold is a heart cut from my Doodlecharms cartridge at 3", 2.75" and 2.5". Also "you and me" in white and "celebrate" in blue. Both cut at .75" from Don Juan and Celebrations, respectively. The 1 and the 8 are cut from DJ on the under pressure setting and are cut at 3.25", 3", and 2.75". On the back fold, to the left of the 18, there is a little pocket. I'm going to write a note and put it in there since there is no room for sentiments on the card!

Thanks for looking and thanks to Lynn for the inspiration!

Don't forget to play PAY IT FORWARD!

2 comments:

  1. Great card Lori! I'm sure DH will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Who's DH and when did you marry him? I thought it was for John! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete