Thursday, September 24, 2009

An Inktegrity Inspired Card

Today is the first Inktegrity challenge. You can pick up a free digi image (candycorn!)and participate in the challenge which is a recipie challenge: use one piece dp, an Inktegrity image (it's free), sparkles and dots. I think I have all of that covered in my card! I'm also using it for these challenges:
Creative Belli Blog: Fall or Halloween theme (the candy corn)
Paperplay Challenge: use dots (DP and embossing)
PPA:Inspiration challenge. I was inspired to use the colors olive, rust, brown and cream
Photobucket
I used my Cricut for the sentiment and I have to say I'm not crazy about how it looks. I'm usually not too happy with words or phrases I cut...they just look flat and like they are missing something. I used the shadow feature thinking that would help but I don't think so. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.
I had to color my candy corn a non-traditional color so it wouldn't completely clash with the rest of the color theme. I also added Stickles to the white part which is an idea I got from looking at the Inktegrity DT creations.
Card Recipie:
Image: Inktegrity freebie "candycorn"
Paper: DCWV "brown and orange circles"
Die Cut: Cricut "beyond birthdays cartridge" cut at 2 inches
Copics: E8 and Y21
Other: pop dots, spots and dots embossing folder, frosted lace stickles, organza ribbon in "sage"

14 comments:

  1. The candy corn is perfect - like the stickles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I think the words look perfect, but if you are looking for suggestions on words in general, I like to place crystal effects in raised bubbles on the bottom layer, let it dry till tacky and place the other set of words on top. The crystal effects adds some dimension. Candy corn and embossing look great too. Thank you for your very sweet comment on my blog. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori this is adorable! I am always a fan of combined challenges, and you did just perfectly with this. The color combo is so fun, I wonder when they'll start thinking of other candy corn colors to sell? You would think that they color everything else up! ;)
    I love the dots everywhere, what a great idea to use the CB folder to compliment everything. Thank you so much for joining in on the first Inktegrity challenge!
    Have a wonderful Thursday evening. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to combine challenges, Lori! The candy corn is adorable! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome Lori!! The colors work so well together~!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Lori. I love that spotty paper and the embossed panel, love the Stickles idea too.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't resist a beautiful spotty card. Thanks for taking part @ PaperPlay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute. love the candy corn! Thanks for playing with us over at the belli challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to throw the candy corn in the 'corn'ers...very clever! Thanks for playing along with us in the Belli Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card, Lori! Love the candy corn and the fun fall colors! Great job combining the challenges!

    Margaret Moody
    margaretmoody.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The corn candy images are sooo cute and perfect for a fall card!!!! Thanks for playing along with us in the Belli challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Inktegrity!!

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete