Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pushed by the Stampin' Bs

When I first saw this week's challenge over at the Stampin' B's I thought "no way...that's too hard, I don't want to do it" but I kept thinking about it because it was so cool. The challenge this week was to make a notecard box and a set of 3x3 cards to put in it. The DT examples are awesome so you should go check them out. This is definitely a beginner effort but I do think I'll make them again and my next ones will be better!
I decided to make this set for my daughter. She came to JoAnne's with me yesterday and helped me pick out some paper. I got the DCWV Stack #6 which has a lot of cute paper in it. I don't usually buy stacks of paper because I end up not using a lot of it but this one is different. I made sure that there were A LOT of papers I would actually use. The paper I used for the box and the cards was Katie's favorite of the whole stack. She especially loved the little inch worm so I tried to cut it out and pop dot it onto the front of the box.
Here's a look at the whole set. I actually made the box and six cards with coordinating envelopes.
Photobucket
Here's a closeup of one of the cards:
Photobucket
And here's a closeup of the front/top of the box:
Photobucket
I didn't add a lot to the cards or the top of the box. Since Katie loved the paper so much, I wanted that to be the focus and let as much of it show as possible.
SO thank you Stampin' B's for giving me the push to try this fun project that I will definitely do again!

3 comments: