Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Favorite Artist

I made this card using a hand drawn image from my favorite artist...my daughter Katie. :) She decided last night that she would draw something for me to use on a card! Sweet! So she came up with this guy who I think is totally cute!
Photobucket
I realize that my Copic collection is lacking because I didn't feel like I had good, fall colors to use. I ran the rusty paper through my Cuttlebug with the swiss dots folder. The Happy Halloween stamp is from my friend Tina...she sent it to me with some blog candy I won from her! Thanks Tina!! And you'll notice, I still have some buttons from that super useful pack I bought awhile back!
This card is for the challenge this week at Cardmakers which is to use leaf images on your card and Die Cuts R Us Challenge which is to make a Halloween card with a stamp.
Card Recipie:
Image: drawn by Katie :)
Copics:E31,E37,C1,YR04,Y15,G28,B29,E08
Embossing folder: swiss dots
Ink: Stampabilities pigment ink "brown" and Tim Holz Distressing ink "old paper"
Stamp: Inkadinkadoo "halloween" THANKS TINA!!
Buttons: Sassafrass "In a Stitch Orange Buttons"

11 comments:

  1. This is super cute Lori! Thanks so much for playing along with DCRU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this is really a cute cute card. I love the handdrawn image by your daughter. She is an artist!! Thanks for playing along with the challenge at DCRU
    Carole DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Love your buttons and your distressed edges. Your scarecrow is a winner! He would keep me out of the garden...LOL. Love him. Thanks for joining us again at DCRU.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DT@DCRU

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute! Love the image!
    Thanx for playing along :)
    ~ margie (DCRUDT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, You and your daughter certainly are a talented team! Love the card you made and love that you join us so often; you're such a talent :o)
    Cara DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just too awesome!! Your daughter is super talented! (Just like her Mamma!)
    Love it!

    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter totally rocks! What a great image and I love how you made such a beautiful card out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My gosh Lori...You know you can NEVER give this away! It needs to be framed or scrapbooked. Heck, she needs to make this into a DigitStamp...I would defintely buy it for sure! Can't wait to see what she comes up with next!
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    PS....you know I think I need the bow easy for SURE! It would make my things look alot better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! I'm glad you like the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job to both you and Katie! She's a natural! Great card to welcome autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Lori what an adorable card. And how sweet that Katie helped you out. Beautiful image, I would have thought it was a stamp or digi image if you hadn't told us:) You did a fab job coloring the little scarecrow also! Thanks so much for joining us at DCRU!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete