Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Mish Mash of Challenges

But hopefully not a mish-mash card! I combined several challenges for this one, starting with the colors from Color Chef which were light blue, cream, brown and red. I knew the paper I wanted to use but was stuck for a layout so I used the sketch from CPS. Also this week, I found a new to me challenge called Rosie and Dee and their challenge this week is to use two squares and a rectangle. Other challenges:
Die Cuts R Us: use any medium (I used embossing, glitter on the cupcake and water color pencils)
Flourishes: Mix it up (I used tearing/embossing/glitter)
Lots of challenges, I know. Despite that, my card turned out to be pretty simple.
Photobucket
What I used for this card:
Paper: DCWV "The Stack 6"
Stamp: Inkadinkadoo "Humorous Birthday"
Ink: Stampabilities brown pigment ink
Coloring: SU! Watercolor pencils
Embossing Folder: Spots and Dots
Ribbon and glitter from my stash

18 comments:

  1. Lori, it may be simple, but it's totally sweet! I love the embossed strip as an added element. Thanks for participating in the DCRU DT Tuesday Challenge.
    ~Diane DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card Lori.

    Glad you found us at Rosie-Dee's Challenge Blog.

    Hope to see you again.

    Rosie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori

    Your little mouse looks like he's already eaten the cake several times over. Cute card though.

    Thanks for joining us at Rosie Dees.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, this is such a cute card. I love the little critter and the colors you've selected make a wonderful cute little card.
    Carole DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card! You did a wonderful job combining all these challenges!
    TFS!
    ~ margie (DCRUDT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Lori! What a cute card! Thanks for joining the DCRU DT challenge!
    Cara DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable Lori!!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card, Lorie. The image is adorable. Thanks for joining us at the DCRU DT Blog Challenge.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DT@DCRU

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tons of fun circles. Way to rock the cps challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what an adorable card! I just love your little image! Great job on this week's challenge @ DCRU! Lori you have a super blog, just love it!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to Rosie Dee's challenge, Lori. Your card is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh.. so lovely and so cute!!

    Thanks for joining us at Rosie-Dee's!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori, this is super cute!!! Great take on the challenge!!! Love the mix!!! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card. Love how you have placed the shapes. Thanks for joining Rosie~Dee's challenge this week. Gez.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so cute and I love just the touch of red!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I almost didn't post a comment since you already had sooooo many :-) I love this card...and I find it so impressive how you can combine so many challenges and come up with such great work.

    ReplyDelete