Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mojo Snowflakes

Today I used the sketch from Mojo Monday and the colors from My Time to Create which were dark red, black, olive and white. At first I thought the dark red color was more rust colored but it seemed like more people were going with a dark red which I actually liked better with the other colors so I went with that. In the picture, it really looks more brown but it really is a dark red. I also added the theme from this week's All Sorts challenge which was Snowflakes. Just for fun I added in the Cupcake Craft Challenge which was to add distressing on your card.
Photobucket

First I sanded the red cardstock to distress it. Then I colored the Dustin Pike image with my Copics, added the ribbon and punched the snowflakes with my punch. Added stickles to the snowflakes for some sparkle
Card Recipie:
Image: Dustin Pike "snow star"
Copics: 110,C5,C1,Y08,YR04,G24
Distresing technique: sandpaper
Punch: snowflake (no name)
Stickles: "stardust"
Ribbon: stash

10 comments:

  1. How darling! Super cute card...I love it!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lori
    Great card love all the snowflakes..
    thanks for joining us this week at allsorts

    hugs kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori, Great card! Love the colours and sweet snowman image.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori

    Great Christmas card - love the great snowman and your colour combo.

    Thank you for joining in the fun with Allsorts this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori,
    What a cute snowman and I love the colors. I too like to distress my cardstock.

    Luv
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute! Love that your snowman is non-traditional winter colors but rather, warm fall colors - how fun! Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, love the distressing you have done and such a lovely layout too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CCC :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lori, what a cute card. I love the sweet image and the distressed background looks fantastic. The snowflakes are just perfect. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, I love your distressing. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete