Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cupcake Tower

I started out making this card for the Stamp TV color challenge for the week. The colors are black, white and green. That seemed like a good Halloween combination for me. I tried a few things and didn't like them but wanted to stick with the color combo so I went a totally different direction. I used this week's sketch from Sketch and Stash and I also used some ribbon for the Whimsy Stamp Challenge this week. The heart brads are from my friend Gaye- they were in a very "full of goodies" Altoids container she sent to me and they've been in my stash for a couple of months now. Thanks Gaye! The stamp is a dollar stamp from Michael's. I thought about coloring the cupcakes but I wasn't sure how that would look on the green paper so I left them as an outline.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Your card looks great Lori! I really like the effect of the image on the coloured card!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Lori, I love the green and black colour combo thanks for joining in the fun at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Love the fun colors and the ribbon. Great image too. Thanks for playing at Whimsy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Lori. Fabulous colour combo.
    Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete