Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy Wishes

I love my Cricut but sometimes I just don't understand it. Take this card for example. I was trying to follow the sketch from Mojo Monday which had a scalloped background behind the image and sentiment. I have 13 Cricut Cartridges but could not find a scallopy shape. I bought the Cricut Create at Michaels and it came with the Don Juan Cartridge. I wish wish wish I had the George and Basic Shapes cartridge because I think it has a scallopy shape I could have used for this. Anyway, I used a flower from Celebrations and I had to cut it at 8.5 inches to get it to be big enough to go behind the image and still be seen. That's what I mean that I sometimes don't "get" my Cricut. Why is this 8.5 inches on the Cricut when it's not in real life? Puzzling. I hope if I get Design Studio or GYPSY!!! that I won't have these sizing issues. I combined the sketch with the color challenge at Color Chef Challenge which was to use purple, brown, cream and green. The image a digi image from Dustin Pike which I colored with my Copics.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Well I think you did a great job! I don't think there is a scallop in George, but I think there is 1 in Mini Monograms...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori,
    This card is adorable!! I really like how you used the flower behind the image. Who knows? It may just have more character then a scallop!
    Love the colors and that teddy bear image is so cute!!
    Have a great day!
    Momiji

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is super cute! You made me laugh when you said you sometimes don't understand your cricuit. Honestly, it's intimidated me into not purchasing it!

    ReplyDelete