Friday, August 28, 2009

Get out of the Zone

The comfort zone, that is. That's what the challenge this week at Stamp Simply is, to make a card that is not in your typical style. If you scroll through my blog, it would be easy to see that I tend to make cutesy cards with bright colors and I use A LOT of digital stamps. I made this card using a sketch and theme from Shirley's 2 Girls use their sketch and make a card that is predominately red. I also used the colors from this week's Colour Create Challenge which were red, gold and cream. Love that color combo. So this card is out of my comfort zone in that I used a real wood mounted stamp (gasp!) and there is nothing "cute" about it. I also added a very large (by my comfy standards!) gold bow. NOT what I would normally do. I like the end result though I'm looking forward to making my next card in my usual style! :) BTW, the card base is cream, the picture was just taken on a black background.
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. LORI...well you did a 'FAB' job with not being in your 'comfort' zone! Also a real red rubber stamp too...Well, I think it is charming...thanks for playing with us...DEIDRE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lori, Cute card design. Love the way you have done the bow.
    Thank you for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
    hugs, janny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Lori. I think it is fantastic when people come out of their comfort zone; they make some amazing stuff. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous card with us. Thank you for joining us at Colour Create.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card Lori, I love the simple but effective layout...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful...comfort or not...since you love digi's, you need to get some of ours and stamp your heart out...and go for bigger is better with the ribbons...you did such a great job on this one...just think what the next one will be...Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! You did a great job out of your comfort zone! Thanks so much for playing with us over at shirleys2girls Twisted Thursday Challenge. Hope to see you play with us again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard to think out of the box sometimes but you did an amazing card! Don't forget to enter my blog candy giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute, great job with this week's Twist of using red and I love your sweet bow. Hope to see you at our Blog Hop Tomorrow Sept 3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is fantastic! Great job Lori!

    xx-Deanne

    ReplyDelete