Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Mojo Card with a Color Throwdown

I made this card using the Mojo Monday sketch and the colors from the Wednesday Color Throwdown which were black, melon, yellow and kraft. I didn't have quite the melon color they showed on their blog so I used the closest color I had which is more of a peach. I also used layers of die cuts for the Die Cuts R Us challenge.
Photobucket

I ran the kraft colored paper through my Cuttlebug using the bloom dots folder. The flowers were cut using my Cricut and the Doodlecharms cartridge. I cut the flowers at 2 inches, 1.75 inches and 1.5 inches and layered them. Then I pop dotted them and added them to the card.

10 comments:

  1. This turned out awesome!! I love those flowers!! I have to say this weeks sketch scared me a bit for some reason. I just can't come up with anything for it. I may just let it slide on by. lol
    You did a great job with it though! Glad to see someone has their mondaymojo! lol

    Hugs,
    Momiji

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card--this is a fun sketch! Glad you could play with us, too!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great card Lori! The color combo looks great and I love your embossing and the cute little flowers! Thanks for participating in the DCRU DT Tuesday Challenge.
    ~Diane (DCRU DT) <(*<*)>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card. Lovely design. Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, your card is so cute! I really like the embossing template...have to get me one of those. :~) Your flowers are sweet. Thanks for joining the challenge at DCRU. Hope to see you around soon.

    Smiles!
    Gwen
    DT@DCRU

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, What a great card! The embossed background is such a nice touch. And I love the color combo! Thanks for joining the DCRU DT challenge!!
    Cara DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. The embossed background is beautiful, and I LOVE your take on the Mojo challenge. That one stumped me this week! Very, very nice!
    http://ohpleasework.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card. The flowers are fantastic and I like the way they leap and extend off the page.
    Thanks for playing along with our challenge.
    Carole DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing the color throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your card Lori! The flowers and embossing are just beautiful. And the soft colors are the perfect touch! Thanks so much for joining us this week at DCRU!
    Hugs
    Amber (DCRU DT)

    ReplyDelete