Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Purple Birthday Card

I wanted to use one of my new images from the Doodle Palace and this sweet Birthday Bear was perfect for a couple of challenges. I used the sketch from Mojo Monday...I changed it a little in that my image is on a square rather than a circle and I didn't cut the ribbon in a V shape at the end because this ribbon is too delicate...it frays like crazy. Anyway, I hope it still counts for the Mojo sketch. I made this for the Kaboodle Doodles challenge which was a color challenge to use black, purple and white and the Whimsy Stamp Challenge which was to add a bit of sparkle to your card.
Photobucket
I colored the image with my Copics and added silver glitter to the ribbon on the gift. I used the Swiss Dots embossing folder for the background paper.

12 comments:

  1. gorgeous card,
    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodles,
    Hugs
    Angie
    DT Kaboodles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! That bear is just too cute! Great job. Thanks for joining us in our Kaboodle Doodle challenge. ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a super cute card - thanks for taking part in the Kaboodle challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Love all the purple too and that image is darling. Great sparkle! Thanks for playing along at Whimsy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Lori this is one gorgeous card that bear is super duper cute and I adore the softness of your colours....wonderful work. Thank you so much for joining us at the Kaboodle Challenge I do hope we see you again.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely designed card and such a pretty purple, the embossing works really well here :)
    Crafts By Bee
    Bee Crafty Digi Downloads Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. such an adorable card....great job!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute bear! Love the bit of glitter and the embossing really makes the image stand out. Wonderful job :) Thanks for joining us this week!
    - Ann @ Kaboodle Doodles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my!! So gorgeous!! Love the fun colors and the sparkle on this!! :) Thanks for joining us in the Whimsy Challenges!!

    Vicki
    Whimsy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lori this is wonderful thanx for joining us:o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE THE IMAGE AND THE COLOR TAKE OF OUR COMBO!! THANKS FOR PLAYING WITH US THIS WEEK

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a cute card. the teddy bear is just gorgeous, and the colours ofcourse look fantastic. thanks so much for playing along at Kaboodles, looking forward to seeing more of your creations

    ReplyDelete