Monday, August 24, 2009

A Top Five and a Jungle Sketch Card

I'm totally excited! I got top five at the SP Color Combo challenge this week for my brown/lime green/ white card...my snail mail card! I get the cute little sign on the side of my blog! :)
Photobucket

On to the next challenge...I made this card for a couple of challenges. I used the sketch from Pink Elephant and used the theme from the Corrosive Challenge which is to use a jungle animal on your card. Of course I chose a GIRAFFE! I inked my Cuttlebug folder with brown ink on the yellow cardstock to sort of look like the pattern on a giraffe. I'm also adding this to the Pile it On Challenge which was to use three of something. I used three pieces of ribbon. This image is from Doodle Palace. They are having a 60% off sale from now until September 1. Check them out...they have some super cute images. This image is called G-Mail.
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. congrats! Your card is really darling I can see why you made the top 5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Look at you racking up the awards! Nice job. The card is adorable -- both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All right Lori, way to go. I love the giraffe and the bow it's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous - love that giraffe - I'm very tempted to buy him.

    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say congrats on snail card - very well deserved win. Gorgeous card.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards came out wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on top 5!! It was well deserved! That card is awesome!!

    Lovin the giraffe one too!!

    Hugs,
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  8. ur cards are adorable...I LOVE the snail..2cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Lori on Top 5! Wanna know something funny? I just did my card for TPE and I used G-Mail image, too! lol GMTA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, also meant to say both of your cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are so cute! Those images are adorable! Thanks for joining us this week at TPE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your Top 5 and love your giraffe card - too cute! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute Lori! i love the 'snail mail' one too...fab cards :)

    Hugs
    Carol x
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. super card! thanks for playing!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome image! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, I love your cards!! The ribbon on the giraffe is such a fantastic idea! And I love the ode to snail mail! Terrific. Hugs, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable card!! Love the little giraffe. Thanks for playing with us at TPE!!

    Sheri
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. He's too cute Lori!!!

    Thanks for sharing with us at The Pink Elephant!!

    LORi
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete